Saturday, May 03, 2003

A songwriter once wrote, "We are reaching for the future, we are reaching for the past, but nomatter what we have we reach for more. We are desperate to discover what is just beyond our grasp, maybe that's what heaven is for." I don't think I want to relive the past because I'll probably be reminded why I didn't think it was so great at the time. But now it's over and I choose to open the attic and find it's treasures rather than it's trash. Now if I can just do the same thing with the present, I may finally discover what abundant life is all about. Jesus had some stories to tell when he got home for sure. He didn't come back like He left. He left unblemished and we sent Him home with enough scars to hold the sin and sickness of all humanity for all time. I wonder what the saints and the angels said to Him as He made His way to the Father's throne? I'm sure they were in shock at the welcome He had received from us, at the fickle heart of man, and the lack of man's response. Surely they were ashamed of their fellow man who had treated the Holy Son of God with such disdain. What would the effect of those 33 years have upon Him? Would He tell the Father, "All hope is lost" and call for fire to consume the last of the Father's fallen creation? He instead takes His place at the Father's right hand and 'intercedes' for you and I. We have an Advocate whose memories of man produced compassion. That's grace...

No comments: