Tuesday, May 06, 2003

“Men never go mad by dreaming. If anything the ability to dream is the medicine that chases madness away. Critics are far madder than poets.” GK Chesterton
New age tells man to search for God within self. God, however, suggests that we should hunt Him like an eagle on the mountains. God not only touches man deeply but also transcends us to the point where we must transcend self to grasp Him. So I am inclined in my immature adventurous nature to pursue God as a man would hunt an eagle in the Himalayas. And in doing this I know that He will “never leave us nor forsake us” yet the paradox to this is that I know how David must have felt when He wrote, “as the deer pants for the water so my soul longs for You.” When you’re aware that you’re in the presence of God you long for Him even more. He inspires a hunger within us that is not only satisfied by His presence but is also enlarged by it.

No comments: