Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Does it ever seem that your view of God leaves you saying, "I wish God loved me as much now as He did when I was lost." You might think then that one must become as prodigal as possible to experience the fullness of grace or become as bound as possible to fully appreciate the gift of freedom or become as wounded as possible to adequately know the value of healing. This tragedy exists until the fact is realized that no matter how much darkness I attempt to add to my soul, I cannot make myself any more lost than I already am. Neither can I obey enough to gain more mercy and favor than you. Ultimately then, whether I'm born to a gangster or a preacher, my responsiblity is to spend my life in thanks and praise to my Savior who has flooded my darkness with His light.

No comments: