Friday, June 27, 2003

I've been neglecting the site for the past few days to devote time to the annual church fireworks stand. Most of the time the company makes the time pass with brevity and levity. Yesterday, though, was about 105 degrees in the shade which made working the stand as fun as being a proctologist in a leper colony. Don't take me too seriously here today. My brain has been scrambled into a cream cornball of insanity by the heat, dust, and gunpowder. Right up there with climbing Everest, running with the bulls in Pamplona, swimming the English Channel, and tipping cows, is working a fireworks stand in Texas in July with 'Sweet Home Alabama' playin in the background. Add to that a fine game of dominos with a buddy who happens to be a card carrying member of the NRA, and you've got an experience that is worth writing about on a weblog that nobody reads. I just looked in the mirror and sure enough, part of my neck is turning red. Bright red.

No comments: