Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sozo Class Notes for October 21

- You were designed and created to live in the glory of God. Pa 84:2

- For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory. What does this verse tell us about God’s original target for man? Rom 3:23

- Your salvation has restored you to God’s original intent. Christ in you the hope of glory. Col 1:27

- Our ministry is actually to release the glory of the Lord. Learning how to host His Presence means that I have learned how to not grieve and not quench.

- We are to be trained by the presence. 1 Jn 2:27 says it's the anointing that teaches you. We try to learn in our head but it's the presence that retrains us on how to see and how to think and how to flow with the heart of God.

- Don't wait until you need a miracle or you'll develop a servant relationship because servants are task oriented. When He said I no longer call you servants but friends He was drawing them into a deeper relationship. The difference between the two is this. A servant is concerned about disobeying. A friend is concerned about disappointing. If my engagement with God is only for miracles then I have shown myself to be interested in service and not relationship.

- Ps 16:8. I have set the Lord always before me. I take God and put Him right in front of me all day long. Since I can't imagine a place where He isn't I might as well imagine Him with me.

- A goal for us in this day is to learn to carry the glory into public places to where your value of Him outweighs the grief of the sin of those who reject Him. Where your value of the Presence of the Lord is stronger than the weight of the sin of all the people in that room. If your value for Him outweighs the sin that grieves Him you change the atmosphere in that place.

No comments: