Saturday, September 01, 2007

The realm of the Kingdom is often over the hurdle of inconvenience. There's something about this Kingdom that requires us to take posession. Why wasn't that person healed or delivered? Often it's because we've not arrived, and you have to be ok with that. It means that we continue to embrace the lifestyle of risk to pursue what Jesus told us is possible. Why? Because Jesus said it is.

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

It means that I'm not in this for a weekend to see if it's true. It's being so convinced that this is the normal Christian life that you say yes before God gives the command. What I have seen, while still not to the standard of Jesus, has been sufficient enough to cause me to surrender the remainder of my life to pursuing. There are olympic runners who spend their entire life on a race that lasts seconds. I'm spending my life on three seconds, which I figure is probably how long it will take for Him to say, "Well done, good and faithful servant..." My whole life is for that one moment.

No comments: