Saturday, January 29, 2011

"Seek My Face"


Sitting at home tonight, quiet peace, silence and solitude, pondering the invitation of Jesus, "Seek My face." Putting pencil to paper to try to capture the face of Christ is something I have long avoided, until tonight, and this is what emerged. Completely original, completely from the eye of mind and heart. I'm rarely so moved while drawing. I only wish I had filmed it.

While sorrow is not compassion, I think there's often an element of sorrow in compassion. Just as remorse is not repentance, but there is an element of remorse within repentance. Compassion is the focused gaze from the eyes of Grace just before you are taken by the hand and led out into joy. It is a Love that empowers your freedom. This piece contains, in a gently nuanced symmetry of microexpression, so many emotions that reflect the nature of the purity, grace, and goodness of a holy God who is more familiar with us than we would care to admit. And He loves...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommend by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.

Traci Vanderbush said...

A rocky, precarious decline, hopefully leads us to His face. It is there that our hearts are healed by His mysterious grace...His penetrating gaze of love and compassion.

Traci Vanderbush said...

A rocky, precarious decline, hopefully leads us to His face. It is there that our hearts are healed by His mysterious grace...His penetrating gaze of love and compassion.

Anonymous said...

This image of Christ is truly transcendentally beautiful. You indeed capture the emotion with which I believe He looks upon us; it is a gaze that causes my heart to respond.

Anonymous said...

Your image of Christ does indeed convey a wealth and depth of emotion. Emotion which beckons the heart to respond.