Thursday, January 06, 2011

Passeggiata


I'm not sure what it is about taking a walk in the afternoon sun. When my feet move, my thoughts move too. There aren't a lot of problems that can't be solved in the process of a long walk. It's like that place between sleep and awake, the place where dreams appear to have a measure of possibility and fresh meditations make their way to the head of a long line of routine thoughts. When I can't put my finger on a solution, I put my feet to the earth, and in time, the path becomes clear.


Now shall I walk
or shall I ride?
"Ride," Pleasure said:
"Walk," Joy replied.
~W.H. Davies

"Everywhere is within walking distance, if you have enough time." Steven Wright

2 comments:

roadkills-r-us said...

Long walks are great. But so ar elong drives with the top down or on my bike (which I sorely miss some days, but not so much this week).

Traci Vanderbush said...

Let's walk some more.