Wednesday, July 04, 2007


Heaven is filled with everlasting love and peace and complete regard for the faithfulness, goodness, and power of God. Earth is filled with doubt, unbelief, offense, fear, and bitterness. You will always reflect the world that you're most aware of. Both worlds are real, but one is superior. The things we can see are temporal, but the things we can't see are eternal. Faith is anchored in what you can't see so then what you can't see is superior to what you can see for faith pleases God. I don't have faith because I understand. I understand because I have faith. (Heb 11) "Through faith we understand..." So then I can live life by discipline (understanding) or I can live life by passion (faith). If you live by discipline you'll be admired. If you live by passion you'll be contageous. Both are good but one is better. The difficult part of living the Christian life by discipline is that you have a hard time reproducing because to reproduce you must create others who are as disciplined as yourself for the right reasons. I would rather burn with passion. A life of passion is like a burning fire. When you tend to a fire you're only interested in protecting it and feeding it. When you live the Christian life with passion you only have time for that which fuels the fire. From the outside you may look disciplined but it's truly a reflection of the fire on the inside. All of this to say, I've been in a state of passion for God lately like at no time in my life. The way I stay passionate and encouraged inside is to focus on what God is doing, not what He isn't doing. The more outreach we do, the more contact I have with random strangers around me that results in advancing the Kingdom of God, the more I see the power of God demonstrated before my eyes, the more I burn. There's a fire that I can't ignore and in doing so I'm becoming more aware of and hungry for His world than I am for my own.

No comments: