Wednesday, July 04, 2007


This picture was taken last week at Makena Beach. My little girl came and sat down and put her head on my shoulder. Traci knelt down to snap a picture and instincively Sara put her little "shaka" up in the air. This is the Hawaiian wave. It signifies friendship, peace, love, we're cool, all is well and good, and is also how we cut people off in traffic. A true multi-purpose hand gesture. In moments like these, sitting on the warm sand at the end of the day, I can't help but breathe in the presence of God. It doesn't just come in the good moments though. Last week I sat with a couple who moments earlier had given birth to their stillborn son. She was only five months along in her pregnancy. I was honored to officiate the service as the family wept with them. I had a vision in that moment of the two of them together in eternity with their son, and realized that I had just gained another motivation to live with passion for God for in eternity I will see them together and the deluge of joy that they will know, well earthly pleasures can't touch that. For all of my friends, both new and old, who have suffered loss, there is a deluge of joy in the kingdom to come that will erase all of the sorrow that you've ever known as if you had never known it. I can't wait to see that.

No comments: