Thursday, March 16, 2006

My word for the day is 'Pilgrimage'. Websters dic defines the word as [A long journey or search, especially one of exalted purpose or moral significance.] Have you ever been on a pilgrimage? Have you ever felt as though you were on a journey and moving each day according to the direction of another or being guided by a hand you can't see? I was watching the Amazing Race this week and noticed how intensely these people moved from instruction to instruction and where that movement took them. From old to young, those who are set on pilgrimage are blessed with energy and strength to the point that it's exciting to watch. How much more exciting the journey that is directed by God? I believe that from birth to death, God has set us on a journey. We're all on a pilgrimage and when a man's heart realizes that, we move from strength to strength. God help the man who believes he has arrived and settles in the valley rather than passing through it. If you're in a valley today, keep moving, for it's not the journey that takes away your strength. It's in the journey that you'll find strength.

(Psalms 84:4-7 NKJV) Blessed are those who dwell in Your house; They will still be praising You. Selah {5} Blessed is the man whose strength is in You, Whose heart is set on pilgrimage. {6} As they pass through the Valley of Baca, They make it a spring; The rain also covers it with pools. {7} They go from strength to strength; Each one appears before God in Zion.

Psa 119: 54 Thy statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage.
Psa 119:55 I have remembered Thy name, O LORD, in the night, and have kept Thy law.
Psa 119:56 This I had, because I kept Thy precepts.
Psa 119:57 [Thou art] my portion, O LORD: I have said that I would keep Thy words.
Psa 119:58 I entreated Thy favor with [my] whole heart: be merciful unto me according to Thy Word.
Psa 119:59 I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto Thy testimonies.
Psa 119:60 I made haste, and delayed not to keep Thy commandments.
Psa 119:61 The bands of the wicked have robbed me: [but] I have not forgotten Thy law.
Psa 119:62 At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto Thee because of Thy righteous judgments.

No comments: