Wednesday, October 19, 2005


I have a beef to pick with Wal Mart. In PA, they're giving away free gas. But not to everyone. No, in a move of blatant discrimination, they have chosen to fuel only a certain vehicle. And I caught it on camera. No kidding.
Take a look at this picture. I took this one around Lancaster, PA. I know, it's just a Wal Mart. But look closely to the right of the photo. Yes, that's a horse and buggy. Apparently the Amish dig the Wal Mart so much that they have given them their own covered parking space complete with hay for the horses. Now, I tell you, with the price of gas these days it seems like there could be a merger of ideals here. I propose a post modern Amish style mode of transportation. Why can't we still have the horse pulling a, ahem,,, new style of buggy. AC/sound system/Leather interior... The list goes on. The best thing? The autopilot feature. Can you point your car in the direction of home and turn around for some face to face family interaction? Drunk driving would become a thing of the past. Think of it. . When's the last time your car ate our of your hand, or bit you when your back was turned? Do you pet your car? That's a whole other level of interactive. And the cost??? Grass and water, friends. It's the ultimate environmentally friendly fuel. Gasoline simply burns off. You pay three bucks a gallon for something that goes up in flames. What about the buggy? Does your Mercedes give you free fertilizer out of the tailpipe? I don't think so. I think I'm onto something here.

No comments: