Tuesday, October 04, 2005


I flew into Phoenix Sunday evening and headed for Flagstaff. The sun was setting and painted the desert a vivid orange which was set against the purple hue on the clouds and made you feel as though you were driving through a Navajo sand painting. The drums from Rich Mullins song, I See You, pounded through the sound system of the rental car and made an excellent soundtrack. The sun set quickly and I drove the rest of the way to Flagstaff in the dark. I was sure I was missing some amazing scenery and my thoughts were confirmed when I drove back on Monday evening. I was thrilled to get to see Sedona and the beautiful and rugged sights on the way. It made me think of those who travel this life in spiritual darkness. They have no idea what they're missing until the truth is illuminated all around them. Yet the most tragic thing is not those who travel through darkness due to ignorance, but those to whom the Truth has been illuminated who, in definace choose to close their eyes and, doing so, miss the joy in the journey.

No comments: