Wednesday, June 29, 2005

This day will be the best day I've ever had. It will be different than any other. It will prove to be full of adventures that are as unique as the moments that, together, make it complete. I'll meet with people and communicate thoughts and ideas. Feel the power of emotion. See through the eyes of another. Welcome the presence of a familiar face with a smile. Shake hands with a stranger. Feel the heat of the Texas sun on my cheek. (Yes, we have our own sun here.) Listen to my daughter tell a story and laugh (a genuine laugh) in response. Watch my son perform a trick I've seen many times before. I'll tell him I'm proud of him and that he's really getting good at that. I'll look for the right moment to reach over and take my wife's hand for just a few seconds. We'll exchange a glance and a grin and go on with the day. I'll probably drink a Dr. Pepper or sweet tea on the back porch as the sun sets. Life is an excellent gift.

No comments: