Sunday, July 13, 2003

I'm growin out the do. The hairdo that is. People can't seem to figure this out. "Why are you doing that? What's the purpose? What's he trying to say? What statement is he making? Is he doing the Jesus thing? Since he turned 30 he's getting that Messianic look there. Or is he trying to reach the lost?" As if the lost all have the same haircut. That's how we can tell who's lost. "Or maybe he's trying to regain his fading youth. It's an early-mid life crisis. He'll grow out of it. Maybe he's trying to cover up the fact that it's falling out. I have noticed his forehead gaining altitude. Oh he's really a hippie at heart. It's just his personality." Sigh... I have no profound explanation except to say that I walked into a haircut joint a few months ago and saw the prices and haven't been interested in dropping 18 bucks to get a trim. When I throw down 18 bucks (or even ten) I want to give em something to do. I likely would have gotten a snip awhile back but watching people philosophize about what I'm trying to 'communicate' is really amusing. Maybe I am trying to say something... Ahh, the mystery continues.

No comments: