Wednesday, December 06, 2006

It's been difficult to write on the blog lately. Even starting this one, I hesitate, type, erase, retype, ponder, pray, close the window, go do something else, come back to it, rinse, lather, repeat... There's so much in me to share. Anyone who has conversed with me in person in the past two months knows this to be the case. After this season of ministry, life, triumph, tragedy, and transition, I'm just not content to hide behind theory any longer. Either the Kingdom is real or I've just taught ideas and concepts. To push the promises of Scripture into a past or future period of history for which I have no responsibility is simply making an excuse for a substandard version of authentic Christianity. No more making excuses and calling it doctrine. So I guess I've been more interested in hearing what's being said than saying what I want to be heard. I want to hear both what God has said and what God is saying. He's got a lot to say. (Jn 16) So bear with me and my sporadic posts for now. There will come a time for writing. For now I just want to hear and see what needs to be written.

No comments: