Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I found myself in a Denny's in College Station at 6:30 this morning, sipping coffee, reading the paper, and having a lady named Lois call me 'darlin'. I'm attending a seminar on management skills. It's raining. I didn't get enough sleep. This speaker is good. I still have the taste of undercooked bacon in my mouth. yum...
I'm going through the Band of Brothers series these days. There's a section in there where a WWII vet says that the only way he could do the job at hand was to consider himself to be dead already. It was the only way you could overcome the reality of mortality breathing down your neck and do your job. The Bible says that we are dead to sin and alive to God. I believe that the only way to do the job we're called to do as Christians, is to reckon yourself dead. Every breath, then, becomes a gift.

No comments: